Founded in January 1997
Circa 500 business members – all with an active business interest in the Covent Garden area and its immediate vicinity.
- Hearing representations from members and other bodies and offering guidance and direction when appropriate.
- To act as a consultative body.
- Advancing areas of common benefit.
- Addressing areas of concerns.
- Collection and dissemination of useful information and statistics.
- Promotion of marketing and development objectives.
- To act as a body through which members can express opinion, bring concerns, present ideas, canvas support and seek guidance or judgement.
- A clearinghouse for information.
- A representative body for both inward and outward feedback.
- A consultative body.
- A body through which areas of common concern, interest and opportunity can be advanced.
- An effective channel of communication between members, statutory elected and voluntary bodies.
- Where necessary, a pressure group.
- A vehicle for social and business bonding.
- Concert the collective influence of the group to maximum effect.
- A unifying body for the constructive good of the community as a whole.
The Forum must guard against elitism, must not be superficial, nor non-representative, uncommitted, unsupportive or myopic.